Parks Facilities & Fields Rental Information

Procedure for new users:

  • Email Lou Lansing ( outlining your interest in renting a space within Neahwa or Wilber Park.  Be sure to include your name and contact information; home/work and cell number.  Give a date and time for your event.  Give a brief description of the event; and list all facilities and/or fields that you’ll need;
  • Plan to attend the next Parks and Recreation Meeting at City Hall.  The Commission meets the first MONDAY of each month at 7:00PM.  Lou will forward your email information to the Commission, so that you are included on their agenda to make your request for your event.  Be prepared to answer some general questions about your request.  The Commission will vote that evening on your request, so you’ll know immediately if your event is approved;
  • Once approved by the Commission your will need to complete TWO equally important steps in the process:
    • Complete a Parks & Recreation Facilities Application; available on the Recreation Page.  Once completed the application must be submitted to the Finance Department (First Floor of City Hall); 258 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820, along with the application fee.  After processing, your application will be forwarded to the Recreation Office;
    • Email or mail an up-to-date Certificate of Insurance to Lou Lansing, Recreation Office, City Hall, 258 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820.  This form must be received at least three-days prior to your date of use.  The Recreation Department will issue you a Parks Permit(s) for use of the City Parks as per your request.  You’ll have to make plans to pick up your Permit from the Recreation Office, or send your COI early enough that your permits may be mailed to you;
    • Make sure that you email ( confirming your receipt of your Parks Permit(s) with the Recreation Office.  You should have your permit(s) with you at the site of your event.  The Recreation Office will issue you an invoice (by email) for rental fees for Parks Facilities and/or Fields.  Payment should be submitted to the Finance Office on or by the due date;