Oneonta, NY: Open for business!
The City and Town of Oneonta work with Otsego County and its Industrial Development Agencies to strengthen our local economy. In doing so we focus on:
- Business incentives
- Residential opportunities
- Developing business sites to shovel-ready status
- Strengthening Main Street Oneonta retail, dining, arts, and entertainment activities
- Working to expand the Southside business corridor
- Maximizing utilization of our airport
- Engaging the academic community centered at Hartwick College and the State University at Oneonta, and increasing its impact on local businesses
- Working with our technology and other companies to assist them in their expansions
- Enhancing the agricultural industry centered in our region
- Partnering and coordinating with business to support new and expansion projects.
Depending on the nature of your inquiry, we will assign you to the appropriate expert in your field of interest. The first step is to contact Elizabeth Horvath, Chief Operating Officer of the Otsego County Industrial Development Agency, which serves as the clearing house for all business leads and opportunities. Oneonta is the center of a multi-county region of almost 2,000 square miles. We are the region’s population center, and regardless where a business chooses to locate or grow within that area, it has a positive impact upon our community. Thus we work aggressively to support the entire area of which we are the hub.