The Airport Commission was created to:
• Provide recommendations to the Common Council regarding rules for the general care, custody, management, maintenance and control of the airport, and of all property pertaining thereto;
• Propose use, regulations, and fee structures to be applied at the Airport;
• Propose or apply to the state or federal government for public airport grants or any other aid in cash or in kind, as well as apply to any private or charitable organization for grants or aid, subject to the consent of the Common Council;
• Act and interact on behalf of the City with all regulatory agencies regarding the Airport. The Commission shall not have the power to bind the City in any manner beyond the scope of its own budget.
• Generally promote the use of the airport for the benefit of the City and the region.
The Commission meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 4 pm. The Commission will also hold workshop meetings on the 1st Wednesday of every month at 4 pm at the Airport.
The Oneonta Municipal Airport page may found here.
Ed May, Chair
Leonard Carson, Jr
Council Member Liaison John Rafter